Minneola Long Term Care was established in 1976 and offers a homelike setting which is offered to 36 residents. Focusing on resident centered care, we provide a warm family atmosphere with mutual respect between residents and staff. We believe that we are called to provide an environment where residents can direct their own care, lead meaningful lives, and maintain their ties with the community at large, and we welcome input from residents and families to help us reach those goals. In addition, our building is part of a medical complex which provides easy access to all levels of quality medical care, no matter the weather.
Offering a full range of services, including 24-hour nursing care, restorative nursing services, open dining, group and individual activities, and easy access to clinic, emergency room, hospital inpatient, and physical therapy services, we invite you to stop by and tour our facility.
To meet the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of all residents while protecting their rights; to create an atmosphere of care and support for those who care for our residents; and to strive to create together a home where residents can live purposeful lives.
A more detailed list of our list of services includes:
- Private and Semi-Private Rooms
- Restorative Care: This gives residents the opportunity to work on passive and active range of motion, skill practice with bed mobility, transferring, walking, dressing, grooming, eating, and more. These activities can be performed in the restorative department, within the resident's room or throughout the facility. Restorative staff is trained to identify residents needs and communicate changes that need to be made.
- Physical Therapy: Minneola Healthcare’s Physical Therapy Department is involved in our weekly risk and care plan meetings to assist with identifying resident needs. Physical therapy assists with preventing functional decline, regaining strength, preventing contractures, fall prevention and ensuring safe positioning. They work with our staff on ensuring safety during transfers and works closely with nursing on an exercise regimen after discharge.
- Social Services: The social services director is responsible for resident assessments, care planning, assisting residents with insurance and financial assistance programs. They help the residents and families adjust to their new surroundings by building strong relationships. This team member is a strong resident advocate and is available to assist residents and their families anytime during business hours.
- Activities 6-7 days a week: Minneola Long Term Care has an activities department that is committed to getting to know our residents and assisting with bringing their likes and interests into their daily living. We provide a wide range of activities and events both through group and individual sessions. Our goal is to maintain a connection with the community. Residents engaging in activities can increase their physical, mental, and cognitive skills.
- Easy Access to Healthcare.
Minneola Long Term Care can be reached by phone at (620) 885-4238.
207 South Chestnut Street,
Minneola, KS 67865
Telephone:+1 (620) 885-4238