Renovation Project Updates
Minneola Health Care is going under the exciting process of change! Renovation is currently scheduled to begin on second week of January 1/11/16. As we break ground on our new project we encourage you to follow our progress, so you can stay informed. Should you have any questions or concerns regarding this project, we encourage you to reach out to the CEO, Debbie Bruner, by email at email@example.com or by phone at 620.885.4264.
The Current Phase:
New electrical/mechanical room, new Physical Therapy Space, and new Clinic. Expected to last approximately nine (9) months
• Scheduled to begin the first week of January 2016
• Housekeeping will relocate to the old Labor & Delivery space and Medical Records to a temporary off site business office location –one block east of Long Term Care and adjacent to the Community Church. The Housekeeping space and Medical Records space will be the new spaces occupied with updated electrical/mechanical services
• Will remove and replace the paving behind Maintenance and the LTC gazebo area as well as parking on the North side of LTC. This part of the work is expected to last a couple of months. Parking will not be permitted in this area until the paving work is completed. Making plans for the following:
o LTC pick up and drop off location – in all likelihood will occur at the main entrance to LTC
o Physical Therapy parking – still addressing
o Van parking for sonos and echos – still addressing
• Physical Therapy space will be built where the picnic tables are currently located. This will include two private treatment spaces for therapy as well as an open gym for general therapies.
• The Schmidt/Tedford building will be taken down and a new clinic will be built in this space. This new Clinic will have ten (10) exam rooms and a procedure room, considerably more space than in the current clinic
• Parking on the west and north side of the Schmidt/Tedford building will be restricted due to demolition and construction work
• Elm St., between the Civic Connection and the Schmidt/Tedford building, will be temporarily closed and will reopen at the completion of Phase I. Access to the alley behind the Civic Connection will be available as you approach from the east.
• Patient Rooms 8 & 9 will be taken out of service at the end of Phase I and the current Physical Therapy space will be placed back into service as a patient room. This is necessary so that a throughput hallway from the new Clinic to the Hospital can be opened and maintained during the remainder of the project.
• Construction noises will be heard throughout both the west wing and the north wing of the Hospital. We will work to keep the disruption to a minimum. Construction will not occur during the evening or night time hours.